Negotiation is a fundamental skill that legal practitioners practice every day, whether that be on behalf of themselves, a client or a colleague. Participating in the 2017 USC LSA Negotiation Tournament will provide competitors with valuable experience before they are required to put it to use as a legal professional. Most importantly however, competing gives students an opportunity to build relationships and friendships whilst practicing legal skills in a stress-free environment.
HSF - NLU Delhi International Negotiation Competition
In 2016, the USC LSA was invited to send a negotiation team to the HSF - NLU Delhi International Negotiation Competition in New Delhi, India. The competition took place from 9 - 12 September 2016 and saw 28 universities from more than 16 countries compete for the championship. The USC team, comprised of the winners of the USC Negotiation Competition, Dave Knobel and Callum Lee, won the championship after beating the Australian National University in the Grand Final.
The USC LSA has been invited to send a team again in 2017 and the winning team from the USC LSA Negotiation Competition will be invited to represent the Association in New Delhi.
2017 Negotiation Competition
The key dates of the 2017 Negotiation Competition are detailed below:
- March 15th: Negotiation Workshop @ Moot Court (JG.15) (12:00pm - 1:00pm)
- April 8th: Preliminary rounds @ USC (9am - 5pm)
- April 22nd: Quarter-finals @ USC (9am - 12:00pm)
- April 22nd: Semi-finals @ USC (2:30pm - 4pm)
- April 27th: Grand final @ USC (6pm - 9pm)
If you would like to judge, or discuss sponsorship of the competition, please contact the VP of Competitions, Krishna Alister via firstname.lastname@example.org .
The following relevant documents are available for download by hyperlink:
- 2017 Negotiation Competition By-Laws
- 2016 Negotiation Competition Handbook
- 2017 Negotiation Competition Rules
- Judging Scoresheet
- Workshop powerpoint slides
- Mark Houghton v Moon Yin - Agreed Facts
- Daria Morgendorffer v Charles Ruttheimer Insurance - Agreed Facts
- Rusty Trawler and Lauren Everdale - Agreed Facts
Preliminary Round Results
The results from the preliminary round can be found here.